There’s no denying that we’re living in uncertain, challenging times. Now – more than ever, virtual connection is boosting our own and others’ wellbeing… so why not think outside the box and come up with a creative virtual fundraising idea – the whackier the better! See the faces and hear the laughter of family, friends and colleagues online whilst fundraising to help us change the futures of those most in need through our on-going work.
- Walk, run, or cycle together virtually – Looking for a new PB, to improve your fitness or fancy embracing an iconic challenge like walking the Great Wall of China – why not challenge yourself! What better feeling than fresh air, exercise and the feel-good factor of completing your own challenge! Try Strava or MapMyFitness to track your progress.
- Virtual workout challenge – Roll out your fitness mat, fill your water bottle and reach out to your local HIIT, yoga, or pilates instructor and see if they’ll host a virtual workout challenge to support Church Army.
- Virtual trivia or quiz night – keep your social lives on track by hosting a virtual quiz night from the comfort of your own home. Fix a participation donation fee, set yourself up, and invite everyone you know.
- Declutter and Donate – we are all spending more time at home, so why not declutter!? You could sell your unneeded items on eBay and donate the proceeds to Church Army. Get selling here
- Virtual gaming/music challenge – from charity video gaming (did someone say a Mario Kart marathon?!) to streaming your own gig from your living room, you can bring everyone together on a live streaming platform to share fun times in aid of making a real difference to individual lives.
- Do you dare? – Are you brave enough to go out of your comfort zone and take on a challenge live on social media? Ask your friends, family or work colleagues to nominate you some character-building fiendish challenges in exchange for a donation. Then turn on the camera, roll up your sleeves, and complete it live!
Whatever you’ve chosen to do to support us, let us know what you’re planning and share your fundraising stories. Don’t forget, tag us on social media to join with #TeamChurchArmy (Insta: @churcharmy | Twitter: @ChurchArmy | Facebook: @churcharmyuki).
Support as you spend
Amazon Smile is operated by Amazon with the same products, prices and service. Your shopping experience stays the same but every time you shop on Amazon Smile, Amazon donates 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to your chosen charity at no extra cost to you. The main thing to remember with Amazon Smile is you always need to purchase your items through smile.amazon.co.uk rather than the main Amazon site.
To get started, simply visit smile.amazon.co.uk and log into your Amazon account and select Church Army as your chosen charity.
Give as you Live and Easyfundraising
Give as you Live and Easyfundrasing works with more than 4,000 top retailers including John Lewis, Marks & Spencer, Sainsbury’s, eBay, and Expedia to turn a percentage of every penny you spend online into a donation to us. So everything from clothes shopping, to your weekly supermarket shop, to booking your summer holiday – all these things can earn us money without any extra cost to you!
Each time you shop online at supported retailers a commission is paid by the retailers, which Give as you Live or Easyfundraising shares with us. Simple and free to use. Sign up, choose Church Army as your nominated charity and start shopping to support the ongoing work of our projects.
Fundraising doesn’t have to take tonnes of time – it just needs your energy and inspiration to help make a difference. We love simple, easy ways of fundraising ranging from cake sales, holding a BBQ or music event to 80s nights and treasure hunts!
Order some Church Army money boxes for you, your friends and your church. Pop your loose change into the box to lighten your wallet, or be inventive and challenge yourself to put a pound in every time you watch your favourite TV show or snooze your alarm in the morning.