Ordering Books from the Library
The biggest theological library in South Yorkshire
How to Order Books
Church Army’s Theological Library of 15,000 books, journals and articles open from 9am to 5.30pm on Mondays to Fridays. If you are unable to come to the Library during those opening hours, here’s how you can pre-order and collect books.Click here to browse our extensive theological library
How to order books:
- Browse the library catalogue and choose which books you want to borrow. Members can borrow up to 6 books at one time.
- Email Liz Bentley with the name of the books, name of the author, and the class numbers of the books you want to borrow. Members need to email Liz by 12midnight on Tuesdays to be able to collect books that week.
- Your books will be available to collect from a trolley at Wilson Carlile Centre Reception on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 8am to 6pm. If you want to borrow a book that you have not requested, we are not able to find it for you immediately – you will need to email Liz and she will prepare it for borrowing the following week.
- Liz will use gloves when handling your books, and your books will be put in paper bags to ensure that they are not handled by other people.
- Books should be returned to the returns box at Wilson Carlile Centre Reception Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm. Members can borrow books for up to 6 weeks.
- You will also need to make sure that your membership fees of £30 have been paid before borrowing books: this payment can be taken by cash or card at Wilson Carlile Centre Reception.