Pioneer Evangelist – North Belfast
Closing date: 23rd June 2023
Overview of Role:
This exciting new role will work alongside the Lead Evangelist at the North Belfast Centre of Mission. The ‘Centre of Mission’ is very much part of the fabric of the Church of Ireland deanery and the diocese of Connor, developing outreach into the local community through evangelism and social action, partnering with local Anglican parishes, and serving the vision of Connor diocese – Growing Healthy Churches.
Key priorities for this role will be:
- Agreeing and implementing a strategy for mission with the Lead Evangelist, supported by the Archdeacon of Belfast
- Growing the excellent relationships that have been forged with ministry colleagues in the deanery and diocese of Connor.
- Supporting, training and resourcing volunteer evangelists and evangelism across the Greater Shankill and Ballysillan area
- A significant focus on evangelism within this area and its local church communities
- Supporting the Diocesan Pioneer Ministry Hub, being established as a resource for the whole diocese for a new movement within the Church of Ireland for Pioneer Ministry.
This role will also help to develop the work of the COM by creatively and effectively sharing faith to those with little or no connection with church, and in helping believers share their faith with others. This enables networking and communication with existing ministries and the pioneering of new ones using the GRACEUP values of Church Army as a benchmark.
As this role will look to support and enable people’s faith journey, the successful candidate will be someone who prioritises their relationship with God and is comfortable with different styles of church. You will need to be an energetic and outgoing person, who is able to take the initiative and will be at ease in the local context.
Pension: Church Army is an auto enrolment pension employer. You will be assessed under pension auto enrolment criteria.
Annual Leave: 25 days, plus Bank Holidays (total 33 days)
Contract: Full-Time: Three Years Fixed Term with possible extension subject to funding and review.
Application Deadline: Friday, 23 June 2023
Interview Date: To be confirmed (early July)
For more information on the role, you can find the job description and person specification for the post here.
To apply, please download and complete a Faith Based Application Form for this post. When you are ready to submit your application, please upload your completed application form and select Apply now.
PLEASE NOTE, WE DO NOT ACCEPT CVs
Turn your belief into action and be the helping hand that our communities are reaching for. Will you join us?
Your generosity is transforming the lives of those who need it most. Together we can achieve so much.