Pioneer Evangelist – North Belfast Centre of Mission
Closing date: 31st March 2023
Overview of Role
This exciting new role will work alongside the Lead Evangelist at the North Belfast Centre of Mission. The Centre of Mission is very much part of the fabric of the Church of Ireland deanery and the diocese of Connor, developing outreach into the local community through evangelism and social action, partnering with local Anglican parishes, and serving the vision of Connor diocese – Growing Healthy Churches.
Key priorities for this role will be:
- Agreeing and implementing a strategy for mission with the Lead Evangelist, supported by the Archdeacon of Belfast
- Growing the excellent relationships that have been forged with ministry colleagues in the deanery and diocese of Connor.
- Supporting, training and resourcing volunteer evangelists and evangelism across the Greater Shankill and Ballysillan area
- A significant focus on evangelism within the Ballysillan area and its local church communities
- Supporting the Diocesan Pioneer Ministry Hub, being established as a resource for the whole diocese for a new movement within the Church of Ireland for Pioneer Ministry.
This role will also help to develop the work of the COM by creatively and effectively sharing faith to those with little or no connection with church, and in helping believers share their faith with others. This enables networking and communication with existing ministries and the pioneering of new ones using the GRACEUP values of Church Army as a benchmark.
As this role will look to support and enable people’s faith journey, the successful candidate will be someone who prioritises their relationship with God and is comfortable with different styles of church. You will need to be an energetic and outgoing person, who is able to take the initiative and will be at ease in the local context.
£25,609 per annum
37.5 hours per week.
If a Church Army Commissioned Evangelist or Clergy – Non-contributory, operated by the Church of England Pension Scheme.
Otherwise, Auto Enrolment Scheme, with minimum employer contributions (3%) made into the scheme if eligible.
25 days plus Bank Holidays
Three Years Fixed Term with possible extension subject to funding and review.
Please read through the job pack here: N Belfast Pioneer Job Description Final and pray whether this role is suitable for you.
To apply, please submit a Church Army (Faith-based) Application Form
Turn your belief into action and be the helping hand that our communities are reaching for. Will you join us?
Your generosity is transforming the lives of those who need it most. Together we can achieve so much.