Independent Domestic Violence Advisor (Female)*
Location: London The Marylebone Project
Closing date: 11th October 2022
- Motivated by working as part of a multi-disciplinary team?
- Experienced in empowering and advocating on behalf of women who need it most?
- Dedicated to working with vulnerable people?
- Looking for a varied and people focused role?
- Passionate about doing a job that makes a difference?
The Marylebone Project is one of the largest women’s hostels in the UK for women affected by homelessness. Those we support are often affected by substance misuse, unemployment, domestic violence and mental health issues. Whatever their story, we aim for the same ending, self-esteem, employment and independent living. We do this by providing shelter, education opportunities, spiritual space and events in a welcoming and secure environment.
Must have: 1-year minimum paid experience of working with vulnerable people and those with complex needs in an Advice and Guidance or Support Worker role. (or equivalent) and a Level 3 Independent Domestic Violence Advisor Qualification.
£29,237 per annum
Average 40 hours a week ,working on shift-based rota which includes early, late, night and weekend shifts.
We are a 24-hour drop-in service, providing robust support to women by carrying out risk and needs assessments, signposting to other services, providing emotional and practical support and confidential, impartial guidance to women regardless of their background and vulnerability. We aim to empower women and support them to make informed decisions about their own lives.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated IDVA to join our team in the Sanctuary to deliver high quality support to women experiencing domestic violence and abuse.
You will be the primary point of call for service users and staff members, supporting service users who are experiencing domestic violence and abuse.
You will have the opportunity to be part of a service which will really make a difference to women’s lives and have the privilege to see them grow in confidence and skills.
- Provide a high-quality, person-centred service to homeless women with a range of low to high needs within a Psychological informed environment.
- Provide holistic support to a caseload of rough sleeping women who access the Centre, signposting service users to the relevant services that will address their needs.
- Assist in the provision of our rough sleepers Drop – in within a safe, secure, trauma informed environment. Meeting the basic needs of the clients by providing food, warmth, shelter, showering facilities, meaningful activities and a safe place to sleep.
- Produce person centred and high-quality documents for a caseload of clients including risk assessments, support plans and referrals relating to their needs. This includes and is not limited to; housing, employment, health and financial needs.
- Provide up to date housing advice and guidance to low-to-high support service users. Signposting them to the relevant specialist services in order for them to access stable accommodation.
- Provide tenancy management and support for residents in the Emergency Beds.
The successful candidate will:
- Have working experience of supporting clients with Mental Health and/or Complex Needs.
- Have experience of providing Advice, Guidance and information (IAG) to vulnerable adults.
- Possess excellent communication and time management skills.
- Be willing and able to work flexibly to meet the needs of the women.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 11th October at 8am.
Interview date: Tuesday 25th October 2022.
For more information on the role, please see the Job Description.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
To apply, please download a Marylebone Project Application Form and complete the for this post. When you are ready to submit your application, please upload your completed application form and select ‘Apply now’. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.