WCC Conferencing Team
Meet the team
In every edition of CA inFocus magazine, we introduce some of the teams who work behind the scenes of Church Army. Many of these teams are based at the Wilson Carlile Centre in Sheffield and are often the unsung heroes whose work enables our beloved frontline Evangelists to focus on their calling of spreading hope and light on the streets.
“Hello, we are Wilson Carlile conference team and we look after all aspects of hospitality within the venue. It is our job to ensure that all our guests and visitors enjoy their time here with us, whether it’s a visit to our café for lunch, attending a meeting or event or staying with us in our accommodation. We have 30 ensuite bedrooms and a three-bedroom apartment, plus an assortment of meeting rooms and on-site catering from our own chef and team. We pride ourselves on offering our guests the best service and experience and a warm welcome.”
Karen Kiely – Centre Manager
Karen manages and leads the team of over 20 staff. She has over 20 years’ experience in the hospitality industry and works closely with her team, offering knowledge and expertise. The centre also offers a warm welcome to all guests and is a busy, thriving centre leading the way in all things hospitality.
Ryan Vernazze – Conference Coordinator
Ryan is the first point of contact for all our clients’ hosting events. He also organises social media, creating great content across our social media platforms.
Jenny Burke – Housekeeper
Jenny works in our accommodation, ensuring all aspects of housekeeping meet very high standards, which is often reflected on our booking.com reviews.
Shahina Jackson – Catering Assistant
Shahina works daily in our café, serving our customers and engaging in conversation – especially with her wicked sense of humour! She is often seen lending a hand at our events – always with a smile and a warm welcome.
Lauren Stabler – Receptionist
Lauren is one of the first points of contact for Church Army. She handles day-to-day check-ins and phone calls and is also our go-to person for handy spreadsheets.
- Pray for the team to continue building a great reputation across the city and beyond.
- Pray for our centre Manager and Deputy to leader the team forward while developing deeper team relationships.
- Pray for all our visitors and guests, that they enjoy our space and feel welcome in our environment.
- Pray that we continue to grow our conference and events and that we develop deep relationships with our clients and continue to provide first-class hospitality.
- Pray that our relationships with our Church Army colleagues across the UK and Ireland strengthen and that our colleagues enjoy their home from home when visiting Sheffield.